We are recruiting!
DO YOU HAVE A FLAIR FOR LIGHTING DESIGN?
FUTURE Designs manufacture and design lighting for commercial projects within the U.K. Europe and The Middle East. We are one of the largest British owned lighting companies established over 30 years ago based in London with our head office in Edenbridge, Kent.
We are seeking an enthusiastic experienced senior lighting designer to join our talented and supportive team based in our Soho London studio. The correct candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior designer with proven success to join our busy vibrant in-house design division and produce innovative exciting schemes for major blue-chip organisations, liaising and working closely with our sales team and clients, attending meetings with the sales team when required offering professional advice and support on projects.
The right candidate will have a technical mind-set, design flair, be an enthusiastic team player with good presentation and organization skills.
Advance knowledge of Relux, AutoCAD, BIM or specialist modelling and visualisation software is essential for the role.
We are a full-time office-based business and to the right individual we shall reward enthusiasm innovation and good old hard work with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Designing and coordinating lighting projects from start to finish. This may include new build and refurbishment projects.
- Preparing detailed drawings, schedules and plans (manually, or using CAD, BIM or specialist modelling and visualisation software).
- Liaising with the client, and other relevant stakeholders to present and discuss ideas, mock-ups, concepts, and alternative solutions where necessary.
- Briefing and liaising with electrical installation contractors.
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations.
- Growing new relationships and partnerships, to promote FUTURE Designs products.
- Collating specification sheets and associated documentation.
- Preparation of sales presentation documents.
You’ll make the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a university degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Lighting Design or Product Design, but not essential, experience within the industry will be of benefit too.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior designer.
- Are creative and driven to explore out-of-the box lighting concepts.
- Are self-motivated and eager to tackle complex, innovative technologies and novel lighting details.
- Have a very good focus on time and task management, aimed to meet strict deadlines.
- Have good technical knowledge about luminaires, accessories, and lighting controls.
- Are familiar with the industry’s standards and guidelines for best practice and health & safety.
- Able to work within an established team.
- Good client facing and project management skills.
- Proficient using AutoCAD, Relux, Photoshop and Microsoft office suite.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Sick pay
- Smart casual dress
- Flexible working in Soho London studio or Edenbridge Kent
- Free parking (headquarters)
- 28 Days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Long term service holiday accruement scheme
- Long term service bonus scheme
- Minimum of 2 company events a year
- Become a beneficiary of the company’s Employee’s Ownership Trust after 2 years service
- Free refreshments.
- Company bonus scheme
Job Type: Full-time 37.5 hours
Salary: Competitive salary offered based on experience
So do you fit the bill and want to progress in this exciting profession? If yes send your CV to Lorraine Montague (firstname.lastname@example.org) we want to meet you.